In Christianity, there are a huge number of Orthodox shrines, each of which is known for its healing and other magical properties. It may happen that a person simply has no one to turn to for help, and his only consolation will be a prayer in front of the icon.
In this article, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the icon of Sergius of Radonezh and find out what problems it can help you with.
St. Sergius of Radonezh is a very significant figure among Orthodox Christians. Every believer has heard about him. Prayers are offered to him, asking him for support and protection, and they also beg to help solve any problems that arise on the way to spiritual self-improvement.
In this case, all those who sincerely ask the saint for help must receive it.
In Russian Orthodoxy Sergei Radonezh is a very respected and revered saint. The life of St. Sergius fell on the fourteenth century, the saint fully dedicated it to the service of God. His life was pious, in keeping with all the biblical commandments.
For Sergius of Radonezh, fasting was very important, he also monitored the fulfillment of God’s commandments, setting his life as an example for other believers. The saint considered laziness to be the most terrible vice, so he worked hard until old age. He also showed kindness towards all people, tried to help everyone who needs it as much as possible.
In the early years of his life, Sergius of Radonezh somehow alone went into the forest. Away from the city life and people, he built himself a house in which he lived for a long time, each day praying earnestly to the Creator. In his prayers, Sergius asked the Lord to help protect the lands of the Russians and support the Russian people.
The saint was not once offered to work in the Russian metropolis, but he showed a scornful attitude towards political life. He preferred to lead a purely solitary life, engaging exclusively in the service of the Lord.
During his life, the monk was able to render his assistance to a huge number of people, he awakened faith in God and gave his support during a difficult period of time. His so strong devotion to the Creator and unshakable faith secured him the love of Orthodox Christians and the respect of the church. Therefore, posthumously Sergius of Radonezh was awarded the title of the Most Holy.
By tradition, the shrine shows us the face of the most holy, portrayed either in full growth, or on the level of the belt. Monk’s clothes are thrown over Sergius’s shoulders. As a rule, the novice’s robe is painted black or red.
Often, with the help of his left hand, the holy elder holds the unfolded manuscript, which acts as a symbol of thirst for knowledge. And the second hand with a gesture gives the blessing of Sergius to all believers.
The whole image of the saint is called upon to develop in people steadfastness of the spirit, devotion to faith, meekness and diligence. Only one look at the shrine allows you to cope with pride and improve spiritually, starting to actively improve themselves.
The face of the saint enjoys incredibly great popularity: a mass of people regularly turn to him and he often demonstrates his miraculous power to the laity. If we sincerely turn to the icon so that the prayer comes from the very heart, then it will surely be heard by the Higher Powers.
In what situations can this image help you?
- The saint is asked for help in solving problems relating to study.
- In addition, the prayers of Sergius of Radonezh allow the most easily and harmoniously deal with various court cases, but only righteous. The holy elder protects against the attacks of the offenders and gives strength enough to defend their rights.
- Even with the help of prayer appeals, you can really pacify your violent temper and eliminate such a negative human vice as pride.
- You can also ask the Monk Sergei of Radonezh to heal you or your family and friends from any pathologies.
- Appeals to the image of the righteous protect from a variety of difficulties and facilitate the process of getting out of difficult life situations.
- It is considered popular to appeal to the image in order to organize your work and get what you want.
- Another purpose of the prayers to Sergius of Radonezh is to obtain the necessary support, protection, and peace of mind.
Certainly, it is permissible to read the prayers of an image not only for oneself personally, but also for one’s inner circle — relatives, friends, and even enemies.
The church singled out four official days in a year, when the memory of His Holiness Sergei Radonezh is revered in Orthodox churches.
- First day — This is the eighth of October (according to the old calendar — the twenty-fifth of September). This number was not chosen by chance and is the date of death of the saint.
- Second date — The eighteenth of July (identified as the fifth of July according to the old calendar) is also a special number for all those who adhere to Orthodoxy — it was on the indicated day that the relics of Rev. Sergius were found.
- June fifth (or the twenty-third of May) is the third date of reverence for the memory of the saint by Christians. Every year on the fifth of June, according to tradition, it is customary to remember all the clergy who adhere to the righteous path in the Rostov-Yaroslavl lands. Among them is Sergius of Radonezh.
- Fourth date, relating to the Holy One — falls on the nineteenth of July (the old calendar associates it with the sixth of July). The date is known as the “Day in honor of the Cathedral of Radonezh”. It falls on the next number after the relics of Sergius were acquired.
A little about the icon and the relics of Sergius of Radonezh (Trinity-Sergius Lavra)
There is one amazing case concerning the acquisition of relics. When the saint died, the construction of a new church began at the monastery. And when this process was in full swing — one parishioner saw Sergius himself. The Christian told about this in the temple and said that the saint was asking to remove his body from the water and the earth.
The monks did not ignore the petition of the saint. And when the coffin was raised up — it turned out that there was indeed water in it. But what impressed everyone most of all — despite the fact that the holy old man died thirty years ago, his body and clothing remained in its original form.
Subsequently, pilgrims from around the globe began to come here to touch and see this amazing shrine with their own eyes. For some, the power of Sergius provided bodily help, and for others — mental.
With other faces with the relics of the saint can be found in a large number of Moscow churches.
It is customary for a person to ask for help in abandoning harmful habits, as well as for health and strengthening their faith. In this case, you can ask for the help of the Almighty not only for your person, but also for your close associates who need it.
Sincerely praying at the image, you can hope for a miracle, because it’s not for nothing that this image is revered as miraculous.
In very frequent cases, parents turn to him in prayer, whose offspring are not distinguished by good academic performance at school. It is noteworthy that from the very beginning the Holy letter itself was given quite a difficult task, but he showed a lot of perseverance and constantly offered prayers to the Lord. And now he himself is next to the Creator and asks about all who find it difficult to cope with science on their own.
Therefore, many students have a tradition to ask the saint to pass exams successfully.
Note! When you address a prayer to the face of any of the saints, always send your petition to the Creator, because although the request comes from the Holy One, only the Lord God himself can fulfill it.
The main goal of all prayers is to gain support, protection, and peace of mind. And the most important moment in reading any of the prayers is the presence of sincere faith, so that the petition comes from a pure heart and you really need it.
And finally, I suggest you watch a fascinating themed video clip: